Sunday, May 27, 2012

Man Page!

Cutie on Duty!
Last post I wrote about getting outside of my natural color scheme (which I'm pretty sure is is Rainbow) and this is another example.  I took what I like (Rainbow) and manned it up a little with jewel tones and far less glitter and bling than I would normally approve of.  Also, my typical butterfly embellishment has been replaced with some sort of more manly bug.  I didn't realize that when I was making the page -- only now that I'm sitting down to type about it.  I guess you can take the butterfly off the page but you can't take the butterfly out of the girl.
 
Anyway, Andy Mister Wonderful sent me this picture from his phone on Valentines Day (I had asked for a photo an hour as my gift -- which was so much fun!) and I thought it really captured his essence.  So I had it printed at 5x7 and got busy.  Not a lot of journaling, just a little on the tag that I crunched up and inked up, since I really can't speak much about engineering.  I did use some cute brads that looked like screw heads, though.  That's engineery, right?  Haha, sad.  Art Rules!  Art School Forever!

This little plastic tag was our quickie crop lesson last week at Micheal's crop night.  Acrylic tag + Glossy Accents + Patterned Paper = pretty cute little doo-dad that I tied onto the page.  I need to think of a way to use this technique a little more meaningfully.  I mean, I'm happy to glue a piece of chevron paper to a plastic bit just for pretty's sake on someone else's dime, but I'm not sure if I would pay cash money to do that with my own materials.  However, I think it is fun, and if I can think of a way to make it more than just a pretty tchotchke I'll totally be into it.  Any ideas out there in the blogosphere?  Are little plastic bits so cheap that gluing them myself is a cost effective embellishment after all?  I guess I should research that before I judge.  If you start seeing lots of little plastic bits on my page, please assume that I was wrong and that it is a good, cheap way to decorate.  (Yes, I am a sophisticated lady and judge all embellishments on affordability and impact.  And glittery-ness.)  Okay -- that is all.  Also, the call for suggestions on my next Two Peas order is still out -- so tell me what you can't live without right now or something you think I would totally dig.  Woot-woot!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome gift request! And Mr. Wonderful indeed for following through with it!

    ReplyDelete