Friday, May 24, 2013

Something New (on many levels).

I am always at a loss for how to use papers with large patterns or full borders so this was my go at using some Dear Lizzy paper with the full border.  I chose a HYSTERICAL photo of Orli looking shocked as she sits in her Bumbo chair.  She looks shocked probably 25% of the time, but this was a particularly funny picture, and I wanted to celebrate it.

I decided to keep it simple and just use a little scrap of orange polka dot paper and some strips of washi tape.  Probably not the most creative solution to the bordered paper issue, but it was a good first solution on my quest to master that type of paper.

I also learned that if you're gong to do some mist splatters, you should probably mask your photo so you don't splatter it too.  Oh well!  It gives it charm!

So that's that.  Certainly a different sort of look for my albums, and that's a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you tried something new to celebrate Orli's new "adventure." I think it turned out great - and gosh, you have beautiful handwriting!

    ReplyDelete