Monday, October 14, 2013

Standing Like a Big Girl


Today another page created mainly from the September Citrus Twist Main and Pocket Life kits.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE the september kit?  I do.  Such dreamy colors! 

I used had this really cute photo of my daughter standing alone for the first time (well, with the support of the ottoman!).  One print was a misprint from having walgreens print my instagram photos (they cropped them -- I should have known that the would!) but it still had those nice dreamy colors that worked so well with the papers in the kit.  So I pulled it out and paired it with a less dreamy but entirely there photo of Orli and it looked really cute.  There is hidden journaling on the pink card that tucks behind the polka dot paper.  Sometimes journaling just doesn't work with your design -- so hide it!  I like all my pages to have a little journaling, so when it doesn't go with the layout, it just gets tucked behind something else with a little string to pull it out.  

I'm loving that October Afternoon washi.  


I just used a tag for the journaling card that I sprayed with a bit of tattered angels mist and tied a piece of My Mind's eye Lime Twist baker's twine.  Some mist splatters and a mambi chip to indicate that I do, in fact, "love this" and it all came together.

Also, I cannot believe it's the middle of October already.  I am soooooo ready for some turkey!

1 comment:

  1. Love this page! And I really like the journaling being hidden in this one. I think the contrast of the two pictures works perfectly - happy accidents and all that, right? :)

    ReplyDelete