Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yam Tastic!

Hi All!  I've been on vacation this past week, so I've been busy making memories instead of scrapping them.  It's been a blast, though!  Tie Dye, Watermelon, fireworks on the beach, family family family -- so much to record and remember.  Today, though, I wanted to share something a little older -- a page about the food I'm feeding baby Orli.

We took some great photos as we offered her new solid foods, and this set of photos of her eating yams was special to be because it included a photo of my husband feeding her -- but I already did a page about her eating solids.  So I decided to do a page about how I make all of her baby food myself here at home.  (BTW, I highly recommend a Cuisinart Baby to anyone who's looking to make baby food at home -- that thing is fantastic!)

(Our TV is not usually on ever, much less during dinner.  We were having some severe storms, though, so I was watching for storm warnings.  I feel so lame that the TV is on in that photo!  Bah!)

I hand stitched a frame around the photos and also drew a border to make it pop a little.  Add a little washi tape, some brads (I'll never be over brads) and some glitter Thickers and we're good to go.  The paper is Sweet Notes by Allison Kreft for Webster's Pages.  I haven't used a lot of that collection yet, but I love it, so I'm sure more is sure to come.  Gotta use it up with all my summer photos!

I won't be at the beach much longer, so expect more regular updates soon.  Until then, enjoy some summer!

1 comment: