Monday, October 6, 2014

Blog Hop Fun and an Appology

 Hi everyone!  I want to thank the lovely Penny at Pennyscraps for including me in this fun scrappy blog hop!  It's my turn to answer questions, so here I go:



1. What am I working on right now?

Right now it's the Jewish High Holy Days, so I'm mainly working on craft projects that aren't scrapbook related.  Tonight I'll be crafting my own version of this Lulav and Etrog set for my little girl.


        2. How long does it take me to create a project?

I usually do a page or two in an evening.  It rarely takes me longer than two hours beginning to end -- I just don't have time for anything longer, and I like to finish a page in one sitting if at all possible.


Sometimes mist splatters cause a project to take longer -- drying time is the worst!

        3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment?

I love white cardstock, washi tape, gold, boldly colored paper, vellum, and tiny little embellishments.  I think I'm hitting a less-is-more phase in my creating.


This layout is obviously from a more-is-more phase, but I still love it!


        4. How does my writing/creating process work?

I keep little notes in my planner about  stories I want to tell or things that inspire me: my daughter's love of pretzels, painting the kitchen cabinets, walks in the woods to throw acorns in the creek, our family's shabbat celebrations -- and then, when I have a moment, I find photos, or take photos, to match the stories.  Usually stories come before photos when I create.  Sometimes photos come first, like family outings to the pumpkin patch, but generally I scrap with a story in mind and find photos to match that.  I create my pages to tell the story, but do pick papers and embellishments to compliment the photos that go along with the story.  I've been playing with sketches lately, but generally I just take my photos, pick some paper, and go for it.  I don't keep a large stash, so I'm able to go through papers and decide on what I want to use fairly quickly.  


Done with a Paper Camellia sketch and kit.
 I'm 100% pro monthly kit, using it all up, and that being my "stash".


        5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

I love looking at other people's projects, but I am mainly inspired by the drive to memory keep and play with pretty paper at the same time.  I have a fairly unique style that I embrace, so when I look at other people's layouts, I am most often inspired by their stories rather than the way they cut up their paper (although I always love to look at pretty things!).  Life is so fun and beautiful and fleeting -- I want to record all those fun little details that make my life uniquely mine.  That drive inspires me.  


Hanukkah layout -- and what a miracle she is!


        6. What is my signature style?

Wow, that's a hard one.  I guess I tend to enjoy bold, saturated colors, tend subconsciously avoid right angles, and do most of my paper cutting with scissors rather than a trimmer.  I enjoy a graphic but organic look to my pages.  I like to do my journaling by hand and doodle on my pages as well.  Mainly I like to play and have fun, and don't take my pages too seriously.  It's just paper, after all.  :)


Totally my style, right here.



__________________________________________

Okay, so here is where I freely admit failure -- I've been so busy with the holidays that I totally neglected to get folks to link to.  So I encourage you to visit the other folks Penny linked to and check out their links.  In the spirit of Yom Kippur, which was Saturday, please do forgive me and check out the links that these lovely ladies selected instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment