Sunday, September 14, 2014

Baby, You're a STAR

I'm working through the Scrapbook Generation 6x6 paper "class"right now and this is my interpretation of sketch #2 from that packet.  It's a really fun class if you're looking for ideas on how to use up your 6x6 paper pads.  Me?  I'm always terrible when it comes to two-page layouts and need to work from a sketch; I find that I like Scrapbook Generation sketches the best.  I think they're clean, photo-centric, and easy to work with and edit, which I appreciate.  They do require some odd sized photos, so there is often a good deal of photo editing before you can work on a layout, but I find the final project is worth the time invested on the front end.

I used a Studio Calico Print Shop paper pad for this layout, along with some Smash washi tape, and some of the vellum die cuts from the Print Shop line as well.  Some sequins, a few wood veneers and some odds and ends (from Crate Paper & My Mind's Eye) and it all came together. I just love these photos, and I think it's such a fun layout with the bold colors and black and white pictures.

What's on your craft table this week?  My plan is to keep working through this class at a pace of two per week, plus make a few more things with my Paper Camellia kit.  I'll post results soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment